Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ARE YOU PSYCHED? 21A HAVE A NEW BEER

21A as in 21ST AMENDMENT PUB AND BREWERY in San Francisco, CA. There’s a new beer up on the board every time I go there, which is quite often, and more than half the time they’re really good – as is the case with BRAVO VICTOR ALPHA IPA, a new India Pale Ale. Once again, these guys have put together a refined, tingling-with-hops beer, this time more in the English style as a simple bittering agent and not in the American style as hops-unto-hops for their own sake. Though the beer was a bit on the thin/watery side, I minded not the least. Its dryness and yet quick drinkability ensured a quickly-emptied pint glass over a “working lunch” last week, and though alcohol wasn’t too big (I believe in the high 5’s), it was all I could do to keep myself from saying “Yea” to the beckoning barmaiden who asked me if I’d have another. I like it far better than the brewery’s flagship (and canned!) 21A-IPA, and think it also outperforms the DOUBLE TROUBLE double IPA they’ve got going. 7.5/10.

No comments: