Monday, June 04, 2007

WHOA MOTHER – DARK HOUSE TRES BLUEBERRY STOUT

Here’s a jaw-dropping beer from a tiny brewery I’d never heard of before I received this one in the mail from our hero Trub Wortwurst of LAGERHEADS. Only residents of Michigan get to know the glory of DARK HORSE BREWING and this amazing TRES BLUEBERRY STOUT, a beer to save your sheckels for & buy or trade for any way you can. It’s a hugely flavorful beer, redolent of blueberries of course, and an intense chocolate taste combined with very creamy malts. I’ve never in my life tasted a stout like this before. It’s the sort of beer that Beer Advocate nation should be swooning over, but perhaps the alcohol’s not high enough (right now it clocks a collective 86 score on the big board). Oh, and I don’t know what the ABV is, but I’ll bet it’s not low. I was floored by how good this one was, and I’ll go on record as saying this and THREE FLOYDS ALPHA KING are the finest beers the Upper Midwest has to offer! (not that my sample size is particularly large). 9.5/10! Find it!

2 comments:

Rick Sellers said...

ok, I'm impressed... this beer has just moved to the top of my list of beers to get however I can.

the said...

Told you Jay. It's like no other and you really can't find words to describe it.