Thursday, June 04, 2009

DOUBLE TROUBLE, THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE

That’s about the only title I could come up with for this one – a lyric from a long-forgotten Half Japanese song from an LP I don’t even own anymore. FOUNDERS DOUBLE TROUBLE is a double IPA from FOUNDERS BREWING in Grand Rapids, MI. I drank it with the full expectation that it would be something special, given other beers I’ve had from this brewer. Yet I got a yellow, highly undifferentiated IPA standing squarely in the lower-middle of double IPAs on the market in 2009. That’s not to say it’s not a decent beer – but how do you feel if a woman you’re lusting after calls you “a decent man”? What does a parent mean when she describes her children as “decent”? I searched and I searched for adjectives, verbs and conjunctions that would help me to describe the beer I was ingesting, and then when I looked at the results in my “notes” (Main Menu/Applications/Memo Pad/Founders Double Trouble on my BlackBerry), I saw two words: “yellow”, and “decent”. Oh, and this: 6/10.

No comments: