Friday, April 10, 2009

THE SPRING OF MY TRAPPIST WESTVLETEREN 12

So thanks to a fine individual with an equally fine friend who just got back from a trip to Belgium, I’m now in possession of a bottle of the mythical TRAPPIST WESTVLETERN 12. The greatest beer in the history of the world, if you ask the collective brain trust of Beer Advocate readers. My wife wants to know what special occasion I’m saving it for. Hey, how about Friday night? Or Saturday evening? You think this thing should sit around waiting for me to get a raise or for the Giants to win the World Series? Come on. I’ll report back in this space early next week.

2 comments:

Steve said...

yeah I'd drink it sooner than later to limit the degree of anticlimacticness

Anonymous said...

I had one a couple of years ago that I tried to limit the "anticlimacticness" of by opening it late one night after , well, shall we say...numerous precursors. Mistake. It was instantly humbling and ohmygod it really is THAT good...I felt wrong somehow, probably because I wuz...

Mike Stender