Monday, July 14, 2008

KICKING IT FARMHOUSE STYLE

“Farmhouse” is in, folks. It’s Summer 2008’s choice beer term. Belgian saisons are hot hot hot. With that in mind, I picked up a bottle of LA BIERE DES COLLINES SAISON 2000 farmhouse ale, created by Brasserie Ellezelloise in Ellezelles, Belgium. You know how some bottles of beer just look like they’re going to taste great, even when you’ve never heard of nor read anything about them? The marketing on this thing just screamed “Drink me”, and that I did. The SAISON 2000 Farmhouse ale was, as we’ve come to expect from this olde-world style, very “earthy” – a tan-colored, exceptionally delicate and smooth thirst-quencher. That’s what I hear the peasants used to say after a long day of manual labor, as they were throwing this stuff down their throats by the bucketful. This particular version was not so remarkable in that I’ve very little to say beyond what I’ve just said – but hopefully you’ll believe me when I say you might want to pick up a bottle to toss down after a long hard day in front of your laptop. 7.5/10.

No comments: